Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Something time doesn't take away

I recently received an e-mail from a friend back north.  She has been leading worship a couple different places and came across some music by Kim Walker.  She was amazed by the freedom and move of God watching her You Tube videos.  (Plus her voice is AMAZING!)

I gathered something got to her during her viewing of those videos.  It's like there is a hunger that is deep within each of us that gets uncovered when we experience something like that.

It made me keenly aware of my deep desire to go to the deeper places.  I have always been wired more that way, but in recent years and my position change, I have been moving more in shepherding staff, leadership development, processes, systems, etc in ministry.  Don't get me wrong.  I LOVE it!

But I also am aware that there is something inside me that wants to just dive deep.  Be a part of something where the move of God is vibrant and alive.  I have found that the general Christian population tends to be a bit skittish of this sort of thing.  As am I. I have experience a lot of garbage in this vein of Christianity.

But when it's real and untainted.  Wow.

Pure.

God, may we come to you and find the pure joy of your presence.  The unhindered pouring out of your Grace in our lives.  Your refreshing touch.  May we worship You with reckless abandon!

In the name of Jesus.

Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment