Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Just Over That Hill...

As I was driving to work this morning I was reminded of something simple and I wanted to share it with you.

Driving down the Suncoast Parkway in the mornings is usually pretty uneventful.  Speed traps are the only thing to keep you mindful of your drive.  This morning, I was reminded of something that I saw a while back.

I was driving as usual when I came upon a person in the median broken down.  A gal was kind of leaning up against her car with a "what do I do now?" look on her face.  Cars, going 70 will not be able to slow or stop for the reality of getting creamed.  She was stuck and seemingly unwilling to make a move.

Here is what caught me:

She was at the base of an incline in the road.  As I came over the top of the incline I was able to see 2 highway patrol sitting at the bottom.  They were probably chatting and waiting to catch someone flying over the hill.  To the gal, however, they might as well have been 50 miles away.

But they were right there!
No more than 50 yards away.  Help was right there.  Right over that next hill.

God "caught" my mind in that moment.

How many times when things break down in our life, is God right over that next hill?  He is right there, but we stay in the broken place, not wanting to trek the hill, see what is on the other side?

Maybe today in your life, God is saying,

"C'mon.  Just a little more.  Get up, get going, take that hill.  Freedom is just on the other side!"

1 comment:

  1. Thanks T!! I really needed to read this today, very encouraging:)

    ReplyDelete