Thursday, February 2, 2012

Well, I'm official!

I just received my confirmation that I have been accepted and added as a Professional Speaker with The Source for Youth Ministry.  This, in a way, is a long time coming.
The Source for Youth Ministry Speaker Page.

It has been a thought of mine for quite some time to travel and speak.  That thought has been confirmed through people numerous times over the last 6-8 years.  I have dreamed with friends, thought the "what if", and played out numerous scenarios of what it could end up being.  And as with most things, I shoved it to the side and did "practical" ministry that had a salary and left no time for anything else besides family.

About 4 months ago I was made aware I would be getting a new position over multiple ministries.  My evenings would be more free and time freed up to pursue other adventures (I am actually MORE busy now..;-)  But with this window I felt I needed to seize the opportunity.  I applied and sent in my DVD.  A month ago I received a call from the Founder and CEO of The Source 4YM and we talked.  He dug, I answered.  He asked for more info, references and such.  I obliged.

Then, my phone call came:  "I would love to add you to our team."

It was a bit of a surreal moment.  Not that I am going to get many opportunities at the beginning.  But who knows?  I didn't plan on moving across the country 4 years ago either.  ;-)  In reality, my heart and passion lie at Van Dyke Church.

Now, for the first time since moving to Tampa, I am excited AND confident I am exactly where I am supposed to be.  There is so much more in store for this church and the Student Ministry as well.

God kept saying, "Hang on.  I didn't leave you hanging."  More is coming.  You were obedient and I am going to reward that."

I have a promotion.  I have a wonderful staff.  I have an opportunity to travel and speak. I have an amazing church.

My family is blessed.

And it has just begun.

1 comment:

  1. This is great news!!!!!! Praise God i love seeing what god is doing in your lives, so many amazing things to come:)

    ReplyDelete